Thursday 1 February 2007

What is a kiwi?

Rowan said it best. "New Zealanders or a Native Bird to New Zealand or a type of fruit originally coming from China".

Emma and I were singing Old MacDonald today (via email) and I started off with a cow. So we did the "moo moo here, and a moo moo there" thing. Then we went on to a kiwi. Turns out, she didn't know there was such an animal called a kiwi. I asked her if she could take a guess as to which animal grouping it could be - a type of cat, bird, fish? She seemed to think it was something like a Tasmanian Devil. It wasn't. I nearly died.

What else happened today. Well, I went to see Athena and the gang. I was walking up and they all shouted look, it's Anthony. Here he comes! It was a bit awkward because I hadn't met any of them before but we all shook hands and said hello. We were all standing in a circle talking about how I was moving back to Auckland. I just pictured them naked and the awkwardness seemed to just disappear.

Funny things about Melbourne:
  • all the taxis are yellow
  • they don't have ads between TV programmes
  • hook turns
My apartment building was featured in the City Weekly today, that was a fun read. I was also asked today if I was going to transfer to our Auckland office, I laughed.

Conversation of the day
AK> Who is Mike? Is he new?
CJ> He took over *****, it's because she's pregnant
AK> WHAT? With who?
CJ> I know! Who would sleep with someone that dumb!

No comments: