Saturday 3 February 2007

Shopping, guys, Melbourne is great!

Now playing: Lips of an Angel - Hinder

Woke up today and got my haircut. Pretty non eventful. Although, I was in the city waiting for a tram and they weren't due for ages. So, I ran down Collins Street because I didn't want to be late. It reminded me of when I used to live on Collins Street (the hairdressers was right next door to the apartment). I used to run down the four blocks to the supermarket after work to get some supplies. Good times.

Walked into Louis Vuitton and had to open the door myself. The doorman pretty much ignored me because I was wearing shorts and a tee and was carrying a plastic bag (I bought some stuff at the salon). So someone asked me if they could be of any assistance (she didn't really care, she didn't even look at me when she said it, she was looking at paperwork). I said yes. Can I please see the Brazza wallet. She said, the what? The brother wallet? I said no, Brazza. She said, can you please spell that. And so I did, in French too might I add (she was Japanese but they all speak French there anyway). She looked it up on the computer and she goes oh, the new one. It's right here. I had a quick look and said, OK, I'll take it. So I am now the proud owner of a new wallet. She followed me around the store after she realised I had money. I asked about the price of some jewellery - it wasn't as expensive as I had thought. The doorman opened the door for me and I didn't smile at him like I usually do when I look at people.

Emma is going to cut up my credit card when she comes over tomorrow.

Went to the markets and bought a weeks worth of food. Then went to the laundromat. I had to drop off some clothes and also pick up some drycleaning. I must say, the guy who was working there today was absolutely gorgeous. There are usually two people working on Saturdays there, he could have been there last week (I remember I was checking out one of them but he seemed so straight last week), but he was just there by himself today. He was very nice to me, I'm sure we had a moment, we were definitely flirting, that's for sure.

When I picked up my washing hours later and put them into the dryer, it was just him and I in the laundromat. We struck up a conversation. He asked me if I was having a good day and I said I was. He said good. I asked him the same question and he said he couldn't complain. Then Lips of an Angel started playing on the radio. I heard it for the first time this morning when I was getting dressed, because I was watching Video Hits and I thought, I must download this song, it's great. Anyway, it started playing and I smiled. Now whenever I hear this song, I bet I'll think of the laundromat worker. I do that - songs remind me of stuff. I can remember what I was doing the last time I heard a particular song, each person I know has a song that reminds me of them. Not even lyrically speaking. More like a memory.

I have started packing. One week from now I'll be out of this place. I will miss it. They are so nice to me. Today, Robert, the nicest of all the Concierge staff at Yve called me and said, have you vacated your apartment? I just received a form and someone is moving into your apartment!! I said oh, no, I'm vacating next week. He said, would you be so kind as to drop by the Concierge Desk some time and fill out a vacating premises form? We just need it for our records. I said sure, no problem. He wished me a nice day. Anyway, I came back this morning from shopping and pressed the counter bell and he came out and said "Hello, Anthony" and told me about the form and everything. Like, it's great living here, the staff know all the residents by name and apartment. It's nice coming home from work at night and being greeted by your name and have someone ask how you are. It's a nice touch and I'm going to miss it when I move out!

Off to do some more packing. The Brady Bunch Movie is on TV this evening. Just in case you were wondering what I'll be doing tonight. Also, Spy Game is on, so I'm not that much of a loser.

No comments: