Wednesday 28 February 2007

Pay day

Now playing: About A Girl [Unplugged] - Nirvana

Work today was uneventful. I signed two birthday cards, we celebrated someone's birthday with song and cake and I made friends with someone over the phone named Luke (it seems that my day wasn't as uneventful as I thought).

At lunch I ran down the road to get some passport photos taken - I needed a new photo on my work access card. It was raining. I checked the weather forecast yesterday and it didn't say anything about showers. I wanted to wear my sweater today because I just felt like it. I thought I'd be regretting it by the afternoon - turns out I was the only one dressed warmly! I didn't have my umbrella on me, how lucky would I have been if I did.

When I got home there was a parcel from Alistair's mum! How unexpected. Turns out it was a 21st birthday present. The chairs that they had given me got some good use when I was at the apartment in Melbourne, but I had given them back when I moved out as I didn't have room to bring them back. That was so nice of her. I will make a thank you card tonight (you're probably wondering what the present was).

So, that's about it for now. Still dreading those early morning starts. I might do some more overtime this weekend, not sure. And it doesn't even have to be the weekend either - I could go into work early or stay back a couple of hours .. hmm.

No comments: