Saturday 10 February 2007

Moving Day, again

I watched Quizmania this morning from about 1am for a couple of hours. Just before Emma and Rowan left the apartment, I asked whether or not it was on, and Rowan said it would be, but I thought it wouldn't be on Friday nights. But he was right, and it was, although it was on like an hour later than usual. I was so bad - I was meant to finish off packing and I didn't. Well, I didn't start packing until after midnight, when I had had the whole night to pack. I was just being lazy.

This morning was so stressful. I woke up at 6am and started packing and trying to tidy up. But then I got bored. Alistair came and took away my bags. Then Rowan and Emma came and they took away all my boxes, some of the sofa, some bedding, tables, TV and all the other stuff I didn't want. They were so great. They brought over a mop and some rubbish bags that I used to throw away everything. It was great - I had dirty dishes in the sink - straight into into rubbish bags they went. Rowan cleaned the whole balcony for me AND mopped the bathroom and kitchen floors!! And helped take all the boxes down to the car. And Emma made heaps of trips down to the car and to the rubbish area too. So helpful. It was odd to see the apartment so empty and bare again.

Their car was sooo full. I worked out they have been over at my apartment four out of the last seven days!

I returned my keys to the concierge after I left the apartment. It was just after midday. Emma kept asking me if I wanted some time alone before we left (I didn't). Robert, the nicest of all the concierge staff, was working today (just as he was last Saturday). He was so nice, he greeted me by my name and I thought, I am so going to miss this. He is so friendly. He said that they were sad to see me go. It was funny because he asked me for the 'resident moving out' form and pretty much the whole form was blank except my name! The form is where you write your moving company and request a time to actually move out. I think he realised over the last three days that we have been taking things down the lift in a sneaky fashion.

So it was sad to go. I will miss walking out of the big glass doors each morning to go to work. New adventures lie ahead.

No comments: