Wednesday 14 February 2007

Happy Valentines Day

Today is Valentines Day. It's been a while since I've been single on this day, it's good though because I don't have to do anything! I was on the tram on my way into the city and there were the odd couple kissing and making out (although I suppose this happens no matter what the day is) and a few people with some bunches of flowers, but not too many people. I think people are probably over it now. A bit like Christmas. It's not that much of a big deal to most people.

Emma and I went to Bay Street to buy some flowers for Rowan at lunch. I took an extra ten minutes for lunch. Apparently Ilijana was asked where I was, "where is Anthony, why is he gone, where is he?!" Ilijana said why would she know? Apparently everyone thought we had lunch together. I came back to work and acted like I wasn't late. Who cares - it's my last week anyway.

This evening I had the pleasure of Tina and Hanka's company. What better than to spend the most romantic day of the year in the presence of two ladies, wining and dining at the beautiful NewQuay. The atmosphere down there was just great and the weather was just perfect. There were so many restaurants to choose from and we ended up at Medici, which had a set menu but that was OK. Most of the places had Valentines Day menus and we didn't need a reservation here. The night was just great, talking and spending time outside of work. An adults dinner we called it. We had coffee and sat outside, it was 8.30pm and the sun was starting to set, just beautiful.

It was a great night. I felt good - I didn't spend the day alone, and two people had dinner with me over their own partners! Great weather, great company, great memories.

No comments: