Tuesday 20 February 2007

Another day, another dollar

Now playing: N Dey Say - Nelly

I started work this morning, back at Telecom, still in Wholesale Provisioning doing what I know best. I was meant to start yesterday but I decided to sleep in, and then when I did finally wake up after 11am I decided that my day would be better spent watching The Nanny and other daytime programmes I've come to miss.

People were excited to see me today. "Oh Anthony, how ARE you? Welcome back!" was typical of the reactions I got throughout the day. Everyone was asking me if I was happy to be back, I said yeah, sure (without any feeling of course). It's amazingly scary how much of everything I remember - the system, the processes and procedures, the whole job basically. It is as though I never left and I can just get straight into the work and do it. Very scary.

Things I've noted:
  • New Zealanders have funny accents
  • Officemax is the office products supplier at work
  • I can get a seat on the bus
  • How strange that phone numbers only have seven digits instead of eight
  • No one here cares how they dress. Melbourne is full of such fashionable men
  • Where are all the trams?
Well, I got a days break, so I guess that's something. I can't wait until the weekend. I'm going to do NOTHING and it's going to be great.

No comments: