Friday 9 February 2007

One more sleep

Now playing: Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Today at work, everyone kept wishing me well and the best for the future. Most of it was over the phone - when I was speaking with an account manager or someone in the warehouse. They would say at the end of the call, oh yeah, all the best. A couple of people, who don't work directly with me, came up to me in person and said it and shook my hand. I had to keep telling everyone that I had one more week.

Finally, when the tenth person gave me best wishes, I freaked out and started saying, maybe it IS my last day? Maybe I got the day wrong. And I kept asking everyone around me to see what they had heard. Some had heard Tuesday was my last day. Some thought it was today. Others knew it was next Friday. I confirmed that in fact I did have another week to go. Kind of sad, because I don't want to go to work, I think I need a break. Hopefully this coming week will go by so fast that I won't know what hit me.

We didn't talk to Sam today. Even people who weren't there last night didn't want to talk to him, they were pissed at him for just being 'Sam'. And then he went off to this meeting for an hour and didn't even tell anyone so people are against him. I wonder how long this will last. I'm pissed because now I don't have anyone to give my stuff to, so it means I have to throw it out.

Rowan picked Emma and I up from work and we drove back to the apartment in the van. Then we got Emma's car and drove to the petrol station to fill up the van, then back to return it. It was (according to them) very stressful. I wasn't driving, I was sitting in the back of the car (for some strange reason) and it was great. After we dropped off the van, we came back to the apartment and they filled up their car with some more furniture and stuff like that.

Tonight, I need to pack. So far I have only done one box, which isn't much. And cleaning. So much cleaning to do.

No comments: