Sunday 25 February 2007

Lazy Sunday

Now playing: Inaudible Melodies - Jack Johnson

I know it was my plan to do absolutely nothing this weekend, but I decided to do some overtime because I took Monday off (and that was the day I actually did jack shit) so I went in to work for a couple of hours and that was OK. I had had a bit of a dilemma in the morning because I only had a $50 note on me and no change for the bus. I was going to get a hamburger to break my note, but decided to get an Instant Kiwi instead. Jay said the money was his if we won. We didn't (and I'm not just saying that because I don't want him to have my winnings, we actually didn't win).

There were only two other people when I got to work, I just sat there with my iPod and listened to music; I think at one point I was nearly going to sing a Kylie song out loud, but remembered where I was and decided not to. It was a bit of a shame because I was planning to just sit in the office and make toll calls all afternoon, but I couldn't.

iPods. When you think about it, aren't they so amazing? They are these little white (or black, or coloured, but lets go with white) little bricks of joy, they hold albums and albums full of music and they're the size of a pack of cards. Now, that is pretty amazing. Sometimes I look at my iPod and smile because it makes me happy.

After my little stint at work I went for a walk down Queen Street and have to admit, that I was a bit disappointed with what Auckland has to offer. Where are all the shops? Where are the department stores? I walked into Smith & Caugheys which here is the most upmarket place ever, but in Australia would be like Myer in Geelong. And everyone thinks that it's hot shit, but people need to get out and explore the world, it is so much bigger (and better) than Auckland. Anyway, I bought three pairs of CK's (which were a total steal at $14.99 a pair, I remember the days where I would buy them duty free at $45 each).

Today I watched One Tree Hill which is just great. I started unpacking my things but got bored so stopped. I must say, as stressful as packing up my apartment was, unpacking is SO MUCH WORSE! You need to find places to put everything. I am such a hoarder. It is a bit harder with the fact where I am now isn't empty, so I need to find free spaces to put things.

Sunday afternoon. A time to listen to some lazy music and chillax I think.

No comments: