Saturday 13 November 2004

A night on the town

I hit the streets last night, in a mission to move aimlessly around the city. I met up with a friend and we went just chilled out, many many storeys up over-looking the city of Auckland. It was such a clear night and just so perfect. If I could have opened a window and jumped out, I might have. I feel like bungy jumpy - not off the Sky Tower or the Harbour Bridge, but in Queenstown, or perhaps just out of a building with a nice view.

I think that Auckland has the potential to look realy nice at night, and there are lots of places you can go if you don't really want to be disturbed. Britomart especially looks great at night, it is lit up perfectly, has lots of lines and angles complementing one another and is empty inside. It's just an amazing place by night.


My favourite place to chill out in the city would be down by Britomart, near the water feature, where there are seats and rocks with carvings in them. The buildings on either side look run down and gorgeous, New York-esque, with broken windows and faded paint.

Nights where you can just go out, chill out until the early hours of the morning, be surrounded by realy good conversation and then some, yeah, I love it. I should do it more often.

No comments: