Tuesday 23 November 2004

Another epiphany after midnight

(when else BUT after midnight?) - I was going through something that Dom wrote and thought that we both wanted the same things. So here I go, re-capturing his idea.

"Today I crawled out of the house around 3 PM. After waiting for the bus and cursing everything in sight I decided to take the slightly longer way to Manhattan. After jumping on and off a few trains I got to Union Square pretty quickly (under 45 minutes). I hopped over to three different Barnes & Noble stores hoping to find Colloquial Swedish but alas, none had it. And then I realized how much fun I had going between all of these stores, book stores. And I thought to myself how nice it would be to have someone to share this with me.


I guess if I had to place a mathaphoric personals ad it would go something like this: Single, gay man: sensitive, full of knowledge, possesses a passion for life, discovered a brand new perspective on reality looking for a single gay male, preferably European, tall, dark and handsome with a sense of proactiveness, independence and self-sufficiency. Looking to spend evenings at home sipping red wine, driving around aimlessly, walking around the city and helping each other out throughout whatever goals we aspire to achieve. Knowledge of foreign languages a plus but not necessary. And interest in history, current events, geography and philosophy a plus. A sushi connoisseur a plus."

I think that we are along the same lines - looking for the same things in life, although history, current events and geography? Could be my thing but I do hate talking about politics and things like that, it's not all about changing the world. But I always come up with these stupid 'this-is-the-guy-I'm-looking-for' descriptions, when really I should get fucked. Because the right guy will come along eventually and I will know exactly when he does.

No comments: