Tuesday 19 December 2006

Welcome Rhys and Anosa

Yesterday Rhys and his boyfriend Anosa drove down to Melbourne from Sydney. They had arrived right on 5pm and picked me up from work. I wasn't expecting them until later in the evening. Rhys text me and said that they could pick me up and I didn't send anything back. Right on 5pm I get a call from him saying he's at Gate 2. I said, Gate 2 where? He said at your work! So I went out and there they were. He said he called Directory Assist and they told him how to get to my work, stalker!

They are staying with me for a couple of days. I offered them my bedroom but they were happy enough to sleep on the sofabed, so good for them. It means I can have my shower in the morning without fear of anyone watching me! We went out for dinner last night to a Thai/Malaysian/Chinese place in St Kilda. It was really weird, the building itself, it looked more suited to being an Italian restaurant or something. It was made up of bricks and I swear I saw a stone oven in the wall, something that they put pizzas into. It was a great restaurant though and the food was good. Then we went to see Tania, one of Rhys' old flatmates who lives in Port Melbourne. I met her over Queens Birthday weekend when Rhys was here last.

Rhys drove me to work this morning and picked me up! How nice. Anosa, being a chef, cooked dinner for us tonight. When I got home, four months of recycling that had been sitting on my kitchen floor near the door had gone! Rhys had taken it downstairs to the carpark for me. And the place was just so immaculate, they had been cleaning for me. Isn't it great to have guests who do that? I definitely didn't expect it of them (and in a way it made me feel like my place was messy!! But who cares). Ali came over and had dinner with us, there was so much food. It was so good, we were comparing it to the dinner we had last night and it was so much better!!

Anosa's friend Hersey picked us up and we went to Highpoint, which was the first time I've ever been there. Everyone at work always talks about it, especially last Christmas they were all talking about how they were going there that evening etc. I had always been going to Chadstone, but I guess that is a bit far out from all of them. We didn't go shopping though - we went for ice cream and then drove all the way back. It was good though.

Weird. There were five people in my apartment tonight (including me). All gay. Five gay men in an apartment. I didn't even know I knew four gay people. There you go. That's the most people I've had in my apartment actually, straight or gay!

No comments: