Sunday 3 December 2006

End of the weekend

This morning Brad and I went to the Southbank Markets and had a look around - it was quite busy but we saw some amazing sculptures and photography so it was well worth going. We went down Degraves Street and back to Center Place. We ended up back at Issus, which was nice because now we have a place that is "ours", just like how Gigi's is somewhere Alistair and I go. I love walking through Center place and admiring the works of art on the roller doors. I can just imagine how perfect it would have been if it were raining outside, and we were sitting indoors having our breakfast. Everything is typical of an alley, it would be great to have a warehouse apartment there.



We went back to the department stores and continued with the Christmas shopping and when we were at Myer we looked at TV's and furniture, house hold applicances and all that jazz. We were basically shopping for our house together. We went to Koko Black and waited 20 minutes to get a seat. It was worth it though, he loved it. I had a hot chocolate and Brad had an ice chocolate.

We went for a walk through the side streets and started walking up Little Collins Street, because I wanted to go to Assin and look for some Dior Homme jewellery. As we were walking up, Brad took off his bracelet and put it on my wrist. I had been eyeing it up for the past couple of days because it is just so amazing and funky. I told him that he couldn't give it to me, because his friend had given it to him. He said that his friend actually bought it for him, ie, he had given his friend the money to go out and buy it. Then he said that I could just "borrow" it for a while, if that made me feel better. I love it.



Assin didn't have the jewellery in stock so we kept walking. We saw an Audi TT parked right outside, in black! That was my dream car and we both wanted one. I wanted black, he wanted grey. We compromised and said that I could choose the colour of the car and he could choose the interior. It must have been a sign. We walked to the Designer Markets below Federation Square and had a look around there, I hadn't been there before, we just happened to stumble across it. We walked along Birrarung Marr, past Melbourne Park and then went for a stroll through Kings Domain.



We got to see the Governor's House and spent about half an hour sitting on the grass bank near the Shrine of Remembrance just talking. The weather was so great, it was forecast to rain this weekend but it has been just perfect, not overly hot but just right. Clear skies all weekend.



We finished the weekend off by watching the QAF box set I have. It was good to have someone to spend the weekend with, someone to just hang out with. It was good to be able to go out this weekend and walk the streets, sit down and eat with someone. Even when you're not doing anything, it's good to do it with someone else. I have just had so much fun this weekend. I have done so much, it doesn't feel like two and a half days at all!

No comments: