Saturday 23 December 2006

New shoes

I finished work early today. They said first, that we could go home an hour before we usually do. Then they changed their mind and said we could go home two hours before we would usually finish. I got a lift into the city from Ilijana and hit the shops. I did Christmas shopping for my mummy and daddy at David Jones, then did my own shopping. I bought some RistefskyMacheda shorts and then went duty free shopping and picked up a new Sony CyberShot T50 (a nice red camera with a touch screen!!). The guy who served me looked exacty like Jay. I just had to mention that.



Tonight I went to the laundromat. On my way back, it just started pissing down. It was a flash storm and it was so strange for it to be raining in Melbourne, it hadn't rained all month!! Well I got absolutely soaked from head to toe. WHen I got back to my apartment, I ended up putting the clothes I was wearing into a bag. I got changed and then headed back to throw them in the dryer, this time armed with the umbrella Brad had sent me.

Anosa met me back at the apartment - he had borrowed my rice cooker and the wok to use at Tanya's, where him and Rhys spent the night. It was about 10pm when he came around. Anyway, I decided that I wanted to buy some shoes. So I said to him, "I want to buy some shoes". He told me that he wanted to buy some as well. So we had a look at what would be open, and Highpoint was over right through the night (24 hour malls, woo! Yay for Christmas). We headed off to Highpoint, going the longest way imaginable (it was the only way he knew apparently).

I said as we got out of the car, that I wasn't leaving without a pair of shoes, and maybe a pair of jeans. He said the same. We looked around everywhere and I ended up buying a pair of Adidas Gazelle TKY (the ones that say I heart Tokyo) and no jeans. Anosa bought some Etnies. So that was good. And then we drove back to the apartment - this time I directed him. I actually didn't know the way back but just pretended I did - I made him follow the tram lines (smart move). So we got back home in record time. Anosa is great because we have the same taste in music! We spent the whole trip back singing to music, he attempted hitting the high notes while I laughed. I love people who love RnB.

We had some of the leftover food in the fridge from the other night when he was cooking for us. I spent the night vacuuming and I only just started (and finished) packing for my trip back to Auckland in a couple of hours! It's 4am and I'm off to bed! I need to get up in an hour. Anosa is staying over, and I asked him if he wanted to look after my place while I'm gone and he said yes, so that's good! Also, the bathroom ceiling has started leaking so that's not very good. I have a bucket there, I hope it will do.

No comments: