Sunday 17 December 2006

Employee of the Year

Last night was our company Christmas Party. Long story. We were asked whether or not we were going and if we were going to bring our partners. It was just assumed that I was going to go. But I decided not to. My manager kept saying to me, why aren't you coming, are you sure you can't come? I lied and said my mum was over (kind of true, except for she is over next weekend). After some persistant nagging, my manager said look, you have to be there. It's my job to make sure certain people are there ... in case something happens, so ... I said OK, I get it, I'll go.



So I went, and it was actually a good night, I should have known. And it turns out I was nominated for, and won, the Employee of the Year for our Melbourne office. So that was good, I actually went there not knowing what it was that was going to happen. Everyone else getting awards that night made a speech but I didn't. I must say though, that I did get the most cheers, our table was pretty loud!! It was strange because I have been working there all year, but I was only temping at the start - I didn't actually become their employee until May. So, technically, this Employee of the Year has only been working for eight months of the year for them!



So, spent the night eating and dancing and drinking. Our table was great, had all the cool people. Found the bar pretty early on in the night and it was good. Spent tons of time there when we weren't on the dance floor. Afterwards, a group of us went for a walk in the city. It was Emma and Rowan's first time on a tram (can you believe that?! She was born in Melbourne too!) We ended up at Odium at Crown. It was pretty shit and we ended up parting ways at about 3am. Came home and crashed. Felt so good to be drunk and in my bed. It's just one of those great feelings.

No comments: