Thursday 14 December 2006

Hanging out after work

We had a get together after work today. It was like an informal Christmas Party, but we didn't exchange presents or anything like that. That's next week. Emma drove me to Port Melbourne so I could pay my rent at the post office, and then we picked up Rowan because he was coming as well. We were at the car park in the city deciding how long we would be there for. It was 5pm, and we said, well, we won't be here for more than two hours.

We got there and started off drinking. Drinking and smoking (well, they did, I just sat and watched). But everyone was just hanging out and having a good time. People came and went, the bar tab got used, it ended up not being as dreadful as everyone thought it would be! We were there until about 11pm. Rowan insisted that they drive me home because it was raining and because I made the best RSVP to their wedding. They did say that if there was a prize for best RSVP, that it would have gone to me.



So, there you go. We thought we were going to be the first to leave, but we ended up being the last to leave. That always happens - I dread work functions, and it turns out to be not so bad. Six hours we spent there, six hours of our own time that we spent together with our workmates. Who would have thought, you spend all day with them and you can still find stuff to talk about outside work! Crazy. But it was a great night.

No comments: