Friday 26 January 2007

Australia Day

Now playing: Rescue Me - Aretha Franklin

Today is January 26th 2007, which means it is the 229th Australia Day. I didn't do anything terribly patriotic - in fact my day consisted of sleeping in until 11am and then watching one hour each of Less than Perfect, Summerland and Oprah. This time last year, Renee was over in Melbourne. It was 38 degrees that day, she was shitting herself. I think the most we did for Australia Day last year was get a couple of stickers of the Flag from a souvenir shop.

I had a bath tonight, listening to John Mayer's Room for Squares. I had the candles burning and all the lights off, it was nice and relaxing. The bath was the length of the CD, so about 55 minutes. I thought I might as well make the most of the water, seeing as though Victoria is in the middle of a drought. Speaking of which, this morning, I had a 20 minute shower and I didn't feel the least bit guilty. It's not like I have a garden that needs watering, or a car that needs washing. With the current water restrictions, even numbered houses (me, 576-578) can water on Saturdays and Tuesdays, where as the odd numbered houses can only water on Sundays or Wednesdays. My last three month water bill was $4.68.

I move out of my apartment in two weeks. That means, I have two weeks to go through everything I own and decide whether or not I a) want to keep it, b) want to sell it or c) want to give it away. I've started selling a couple of things on eBAY, so far I've made $82. So I guess that's something! I leave the country in three weeks, so I have a few loose ends to tie up. I also need to find somewhere to crash for a week.

Tomorrow I am going to wake up early. I have to get the suit drycleaned, so I may as well do my laundry at the same time. I think I'm the only person who takes their dirty washing to the laundromat in a $1600 Louis Vuitton bag. Then off to the markets in the city to buy a weeks worth of food. Next, I'm going to get all dressed up and hit the boutiques in the city.
Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Hermès and wherever else the day takes me. I need to go to Assin as well to see if their Dior Homme jewellery has arrived. Then I am going to the cinema. I want to see The Holiday because I am the biggest Jude Law fan out. I have a ton of free movie tickets they gave me at work.

Well, that's the plan. I wonder how much of it I will actually do. I am going to write it all in my agenda, because I always do everything that I write it. We'll see.

Goodnight.

No comments: