Saturday 27 January 2007

Another Saturday Night

Now playing: Let's Stay Together - Al Green

I was woken up at 2am by a text message, letting me know that the music of Rosita Vai, the New Zealand Idol winner, was playing at a club in Melbourne. The weather was so windy and fierce outside, and something was clanging against a fence down on the ground floor, that I couldn't get back to sleep. It took me about two hours before I was back dreaming again.


I got up at 10.30am and had a shower (it wasn't as long as yesterdays, but it was still long), got dressed and set off for the laundromat. It was cold today so I wore my blue GAP sweater, I haven't worn it since October. It looks really good so it's a shame that it's not colder more often. I took the tram because I had the suit as well and didn't want to walk the four blocks. On the tram back, there were these weird people opposite me. The lady was cleaning out the guys ears with screwed up tissues. They had lots of plastic bags full of crap (they weren't homeless, just crazy).

I watched a bit of American Idol. Ryan Seacrest is so dreamy. He's like Troy McClure. Renee hates his hair. Anyway, that's the reason I didn't get into the city as early as I wanted - because I was too busy watching Idol. I went back to the laundromat to throw my clothes in the dryer - because I had left them in the machine for so long after the cycle had finished they were practically dry anyway! So I'll remember that for next time, it'll save me heaps on drying costs, shame that I'm only going to be using them for two more weeks cos then I'm outta here!



I did end up going into the city. I went to the markets and to the supermarket. I didn't go boutique shopping because I felt like a loner and I hate going shopping into places like that alone. I end up having to ask the Sales Assistants if something looks good on me for example, so that sucks. I want to buy a Gucci belt bag, or maybe just a small satchel from Louis Vuitton. But then I've gotten on well without both so I should really just save my money. I didn't end up going to the movies tonight, because my stupid passes aren't valid on Saturdays after 5pm. But not to worry, 2 Fast 2 Furious is on TV tonight so I will watch that. I'll save the movies for when there is nothing on TV.

I had a roast for dinner. I've been chatting to my brother on MSN all night about my flights back to Auckland in three weeks. I've offered to fly him or my mum over to help me bring all my stuff back. We are trying to figure out dates and flights and things like that. I want to fly out of Sydney but it will probably be easier to fly out of Melbourne. I want to fly business, he wants to fly economy. I want to fly in the morning, he wants to fly in the evening. I guess we don't have to fly in the same class, on the same flight. I need to book my tickets some time this week though.

Well, I have dishes and ironing to do. But I'm too lazy tonight to do them. I'm going to watch the movie and then hit the sack. An early night. I'm going to make the most of tomorrow.

Night

No comments: