Friday 9 March 2007

Playhouse

This evening after work, a group of us went down to The Playhouse for drinks. Emma used to work at Telecom before heading back to Ireland around the same time I left for Melbourne. She came back to Auckland for a wedding of one of our workmates and is leaving tomorrow, so we all decided to catch up.

It was a sense of deja vu in that we were having drinks celebrating her going away just as we did 18 months ago. The same people were there, no one more, no one less. We ate the same food, we talked about the same things. It was so strange. It was weird because it felt like I had never even left and that we had been sitting there talking for the last 18 months of my life. Crazy.

I didn't have my camera on me at the time but I thought, seeing as though the same people were there and we sat at the same table, why not just put up pictures from when we did it last time? So I have.

I got my usual vodka and lemonade. The guy who made it for me first did it just how I like it - in a tall glass, one shot with a wedge of lemon. When I went back for another one, this girl made it for me. You could tell she was new, she was English and probably didn't know what the hell she was doing. Anyway, she put the one shot in a small tumbler with lemon, basically because the glass was so small and it was basically equal parts of vodka and lemon, the drink itself tasted like shit, and she charged me the same as well. But oh well, it definitely kicked in.

No comments: