Friday 6 April 2007

Driving

Now playing: Relax, Take It Easy - Mika


Today is Good Friday. I went to work anyway for the day, partly because I had a lot of work to catch up on, and partly because I had dollar signs flashing in my head. It was an OK day, nothing outrageous happened. It was very quiet, so many people said they would be there but weren't so it was pretty average. Actually, I was very sleepy and came home and my head went straight to my pillow.

Just got back from a 90 minute drive with Tim. It has been so long since I went driving at night through Auckland - I think the last time was with Stacey, we went driving for hours that time, music pumping, around Devonport and Mission Bay and all this just random stuff. That was fun. Anyway, tonight was great because it brought back heaps of memories of just chilling out with friends. And since I've been back in Auckland as well I haven't actually ventured off the bus route, so it was good to drive along familiar streets and past the houses of people I used to know.

Mika. I'm officially obsessed. I cannot get his songs stuck out of my head. I've watched his interview on the French music TV channel Taratata over a hundred times already. I don't think I can listen to Grace Kelly without wanting to get up and sing, so I've been careful not to play it on my iPod when I'm on the bus or at work.

Well, I suppose it's time to start my One Tree Hill marathon.

No comments: