Wednesday 19 January 2005

I'm a nurse, any jobs going?

Gus text me saying that he had ran out of papers, so took the Onehunga off-ramp and wanted to know if I was at home. I gave him the directions and he pulled up outside a couple of minutes later. We sat in the car and talked about a lot of stuff. Just random things, what was happening at Flesh, where his parents were in the world, what was happening with our jobs and stuff like that. We took a drive around the block because he wanted to show me what happens when he goes over bumps, apparently there is a noise from a loose latch at the back of the car which I heard, but didn’t seem to be that annoying.

We talked about ‘Shortland Street’ of all things which is something we talk a lot about. I remember sitting outside 277 talking about it with him, about how everything was all linked. We talked about whether Ferndale was a suburb or a city, as apparently there is a ‘Ferndale City Council’ on the programme. We made family trees of the characters and talked about why they all lived together, or have slept together. Why do strangers just turn up and say “hey, I’m a nurse. I’m looking for somewhere to stay” and there is always a spare room somewhere and a job going?

No comments: